- Dario Piselli, President – Advisor, International Environmental Law & Policy, Biodiversity, Natural Resources
I was born in Grosseto, Italy on October 31st, 1990. In 2009 I graduated from my hometown’s Liceo Classico and then decided to become a law student at University of Siena, where my areas of interest are international law, biodiversity, natural resources and endangered species. Although my studies focus on policymaking, as I just noted, my experience is much broader and aims at bridging the gap between science and policy as a way to improve the protection of world’s ecosystems and restore ecological equilibria by adding proactive measures to reactive ones in conservation legislation (that is, not just creating reserves but also building a society that is inclusive with regard to other species).
In my life I am also a spare time poet, a writer, and a self-proclaimed disciple of American philosopher Henry David Thoreau. My hobbies include music, cinema, arts and sports.
- Dario Bettaccini, Vice-president – Advisor, Energy Issues
When you grow up in Tuscany, you learn since your childhood to love and respect your region, your people and your home. That’s my debt towards my parents and my best friend. The first ones transmitted me their love and interest in nature, the last one his passion for the world. That’s why I began to care about green energy, because I love the world, because we are the present and the immediate future, that’s our time. With a true love for the game of chess and basketball, I was born in Pistoia, a small city next to Florence, and after my degree in my hometown Lyceum and many travels I decided to begin my studies in Economics in Siena, so far one of the best choices I’ve ever made.
- Federica Zambuto, Member of the Board – Advisor, Food and Agriculture
Being born in Agrigento (Sicily), surrounded by prickly pears’ pads, windmill blades, orange blossoms and almond trees, and having not a blue blood but a green one running through my veins, I have always been highly sensitive about everything that is leafy, winged, rich in petals or biologically edible. My law studies, which I chose to conduct in Siena also because of the extracurricular, social and educational opportunities that can be lived here, are helping me to be even more environmentally-conscious as time passes. In a period in which environmental issues often tend to be overlooked, a network like Greening USiena is fundamental, as it needs to act as a tool to spread awareness about the state of our planet.
Life philosophy: “eating is a necessity, eating well is an art”.
- Giulia D’Agata, Secretary – Advisor, Green Economy
- Marianna Conci, Treasurer – Advisor, Environmental Anthropology
- Arthur Rocco, Member of the Board – Advisor, Energy Security
- Alessandra Fersini, Member of the Board – Advisor, Social Sustainability
- Tiziana Pedone, Member of the Board – Advisor, Environmental Economics
- Francesco Citera, Member of the Board – Advisor, Biodiversity and Health